Capitol Hill Urban CoHousing
We are an inter-generational urban community committed to sustainable living on Seattle’s Capitol Hill. Still in the forming phase, you can read about some of our participating households in our community ranging in age from 3 to mid-60s, families and couples. All people and families are welcomed.
Some of the details
- Our property is located at 1720 12th Avenue between Howell & Olive on the east side of the street. We will be removing the exisiting building.
- Located one block east of Cal Anderson Park, a five minute walk from the future light rail station.
- We are planning for a long-term rental model.
- We will be targeting high Built-Green or LEED guidelines for achieving as many high-performance sustainability metrics for energy and water usage as is financially feasible both now and planning for future upgrades.
- Construction is slated to begin Fall 2013 with move-in by the end of 2014.
- There will be a working, year-round Urban Farm.
- There will be no onsite automobile parking.
- A few key decisions have already been made: we are a smoke and gun-free community, allow pets, plan to have inclusive shared meals a few times a week and we will be child-friendly, providing childcare for workshops, etc.
- Lot size: 4500 sf
- Number of homes: 9
- Home sizes: 800-1,200 sf (2-3 BR)
- Membership: $1500 one time fee. $400 annual dues (or $40/month). $30,000 Membership in LLC.
If you're new to CoHousing be sure to visit our resource page. To learn more about our community, please browse our site and meet some of our community members, read, our vision and values our plans and about our Capitol Hill neighborhood.
If you are interested in more information about how to get involved please email email@example.com. Currently we do not have any info sessions setup. Please sign up on our mailing list to be notified of the next info session or to setup a one-on-one meeting. After attending an info session you will be invited to a community potluck social to meet the rest of the members.